Welcome to the QIAT Website
A resource for educators and families interested in learning more about Assistive Technology
Tools and Strategies to Improve your Practice.
Working at QIAT Summit
The QIAT Summit and conferences help all AT enthusiasts to participate and share their knowledge.
Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology Home
Welcome... to the QIAT website, the official site of the QIAT Community
The QIAT Community is a nationwide grassroots group that includes hundreds of individuals who provide input into the ongoing process of identifying, disseminating, and implementing a set of widely-applicable Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology Services in school settings that can be used as a tool to support:
- school districts as they strive to develop and provide quality assistive technology services aligned to federal, state and local mandates
- assistive technology service providers as they evaluate and constantly improve their services
- consumers of assistive technology services as they seek adequate assistive technology services which meet their needs
- universities and professional developers as they conduct research and deliver programs that promote the development of the competencies needed to provide quality assistive technology services
- policy makers as they attempt to develop judicious and equitable policies related to assistive technology services.
The website supports QIAT's mission of guiding the development and delivery of quality assistive technology services by providing the QIAT Community with a gateway to resources.
Working at QIAT Summit
- We are pleased to announce the publication of the Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology: A Comprehensive Guide to AT Services by CAST Professional Publishing. The book contains much of the information provided on the QIAT website in a comprehensive, concise format with everything in one place. Other benefits are the inclusion of a research base for the underlying concepts and the addition of illustrative, in-depth case studies. The book is intended to assist teams and agencies in the provision of high quality assistive technology services. It is a significant resource to be used for self-study, professional development and preparation of personnel in higher education institutions.
Books are available from:
QIAT Webinars Series
QIAT List sign-up!
Easy access to the QIAT List for new and current subscribers.